As you are all aware, I cut my hair a few months back and I’m trying this whole no heat, minimal damage thing. I remember back in the day when I was younger, my mum or our house maid used to thread our hair as a style. All the used to have this hairstyle because it was easy, quick and it lasted. Thinking about it now, it was a protective style!
Watch the video above to see how I accomplished this stretch without using heat.
Here is what I used:
- My ACV hair wash. Read more on my hair care products on this natural hair journey here
- butterfly clips
- Ndanaka ‘So Shea’ Hair butter. You can make your own or similar one like this one
- Blow Dryer with a cool setting
- Spritz hair with the ACV mix
- Part into 4 sections
- Part into smaller sections
- Apply Ndanaka ‘So Shea’ Hair Butter to section to seal in the moisture
- Blow dry the hair on cool setting
- Wind the yarn round your hair
- Leave to dry
- Unravel when dry and comb out with a wide tooth comb
- Apply more butter